London Light’s mission is to provide an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment to explore new opportunities for growing research and applications of light, a framework for interactions with the photonic industry, and training for PhD students.
The research focus is on new and emerging areas of photonics:
- Light for clean energy
- Light for biology and medicine
- Light for imaging metrology and sensors
- Light for data storage, manipulation and displays
- Advanced materials for nanophotonics
- Light for quantum technologies
- Ultrafast photonics.